Raised in Athens, Greece, I came to New York to study engineering and art at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Later I studied animation and filmmaking at School of Visual Arts, The New School and New York University.
Since 2014 I have been creating images on my iPad and iPhone.
In my latest photographic series, I place trees in the foreground, as actors in front of towering, monolithic, corporate buildings. Trees subconsciously came to symbolize for me the organic, the flexible, the chaotic. In contrast the buildings became metaphors of the lifeless, the rigid, symbols of human efficiency, control.
Always working on my iPhone, the latest direction in my work came about when I started transforming my images using the playful, childlike, trick of mirroring. I now started seeing our urban structures as fragile, floating curiosities. There is a sense of reaching a tipping point…
- Pro Arts – 2020 Curators’ Choice . Honored to be included in this virtual exhibition curated by artist Bryant Small. It features current work of artists selected during Pro Arts’ annual portfolio review by curators and gallerists view
- Walk_Bye, Van Vorst Park, Jersey City, October 2020
- Jersey City Art Studio Tour, Jersey City, October 2020
- The Arts at St Paul & Incarnation “UpRooted” show, a collaboration with Seth Friedman, Jersey City, July 2020
- Pro Arts Jersey City show “afloat” curated by Kerry Kolenut, Jersey City, May 2020
- Jersey City Art Studio Tour, Photography Meetup group show, Jersey City, October 2019
- Jersey City Art Studio Tour, Jersey City, October 2018
- The Arts at St Paul & Incarnation “lost/found” group show, Jersey City, September 2018
- Jersey City Art Studio Tour, Grace Church group show curated by Meghan McKee, Jersey City, October 2017
- Jersey City Art Studio Tour, Photography Meetup group show, Jersey City, October 2017
- Jersey City Art Studio Tour, home studio, Jersey City, October 2016
- “Short Stories” view (music video, 5’) 2016 from Lefteris Christofis’ album “manTis”
- “What Global Warming” (animation, 37’’) 2014
- “Le Chef” view a collaboration with Nancy Cohen (live action and animation, 2’) 2012
- “Labyrinth” view (animation, 2.5’) 1990 Frankfurt Film Festival, Germany 1990, Short Film Festival of Drama, Greece 1994
- “Something About John” a work in progress with Nancy Cohen on the influence of John Lennon (feature length documentary)
- “Woodstock. A Snapshot in Time” a work in progress with Nancy Cohen (feature length documentary)